How to Help
Volunteer Support Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Iva’s Place. We rely on your support and generosity to be able to continue providing services and support to anyone suffering from the trauma of domestic violence.
Prospective volunteers complete an application, are interviewed by the Executive Director and all applicants must undergo a criminal background check, costs are not reimbursable. For information on becoming a volunteer with Iva’s Place call our office at 865-816-3481 or send an email to email@example.com and express your interest in volunteering.
How Volunteers Can Help:
- Answer the phones
- Assist with large mail projects
- Helping with special events
- Sorting donations
- Provide support for large copy jobs such as our quarterly Newsletter
- If you enjoy cooking, sewing, or maybe you enjoy painting or some other form of art therapy and you would like to share that gift with our clients, please consider becoming a volunteer.
Your tax-deductible contributions are welcome.
Please mail them to:
P.O. Box 71
Lenoir City, TN. 37771
- Donate to Our Wish List
- Special Events
You may also make donations online.
- Cosmetics- Used or Opened
- Beauty Products – Opened Lotions, Skin Care products, Hair Care products, Used Hairbrushes and Combs, Bar Soap or Body Soap or Vitamins, unpackaged tooth brushes
- Undergarments – Used bras, panties, slips, pantyhose, socks
- Foods or Beverages that are expired or have been opened
- Pillows- Used or not packaged as new
- Household Appliances that are not operational or are missing parts
- Juice, Milk or other Liquid Containers that are empty
We will accept gently used donated linens that are a solid color (White, Beige/Cream), free from rips, tears, stains and furniture that is free from scratches, knicks, or missing hardware. The furniture should be a matching set and functional.
Note: Donations may be dropped off at Iva’s Place during business hours ONLY, please do not leave items unattended. We are unable to pick-up items being donated to Iva’s Place.
What are the Needs of Iva’s Place?
Safe Haven Shelter
- Hair Conditioner and Shampoo
- African American Haircare products
- Laundry Detergent and Dreft
- Baby Formula (Milk & Soy Based)
- Baby Wipes and Diapers
- Diaper Bags
- Toilet Paper
- Infant and Toddler Car seats- New
- Queen size sheets and pillows- White or Linen color
- Silverware, Plates, Bowls
- Dish Soap
- Silent toys (legos, play-doh, hot wheels, etc.)
- Paint and Paintbrushes
- Backpacks and Gym Bags
- Art Paper and Art Supplies
Transitional Housing Client Needs List
- Pots and Pans
- Consignment store gift cards
- Target/Wal Mart gift cards
- Gas gift cards
- Pillows/Blankets/Sheet sets
- Cleaning Supplies
- Infant items